Mae and Simone are talking with Life Time Run Coach Drew Nelson about how inexperienced runners can work their way up to a 5K.
1. Join a group: Find a group to run with ... they will keep you accountable and also make it fun!
2. Purchase running shoes: Visit a running store and get fitted properly. Poorly fitting shoes can cause numerous problems.
3. Create a schedule: Set a specific time for runs and stick to the schedule.
4. Consider stretching: If stretching is not your thing and you won’t do it on your own, join a yoga class.
5. Proper dress for women: Don’t wear cotton socks and invest in a good sports bra! You can thank me later.