Passerby Wakes Sleeping Resident as Fire Breaks Out in Arden-Arcade Home

ARDEN-ARCADE — The Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District is crediting a passerby with saving the life a resident in the Arden-Arcade area.

On Sunday, a person walking by an Eastern Avenue home noticed a fire had broken out inside.

Metro Fire says the stranger knocked on the door, waking a resident who was asleep when flames began filling the room they were in.

The passerby also walked to the nearby Metro Fire station to tell crews there about the fire.

The blaze was knocked down before it could spread to the rest of the home.

According to Metro Fire, a faulty power strip caused the fire. Officials say power strips should only be plugged directly into a wall then checked regularly. Extension cords should never be plugged into power strips.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.