Taking care of a duck as a pet can be a rewarding experience. In general, ducks are more difficult to take care of than other pets, such as dogs or cats, because their environment needs to be closely monitored. They are also social animals that like to be kept in pairs or groups.
There are many different kinds of ducks that vary in size, shape, and color, but their basic needs are identical You will need to feed them well, protect them from predators and weather, and keep their environment clean.
- Spend lots of time with your duck so they are happy and more friendly.
- Ducks can live happily with other poultry including geese.
- Read up all you can on duck care and ownership. You can even purchase duck magazines with helpful articles.
- Make sure the housing closes on the top.
- You do not want predators getting inside.If you can, bring the ducks inside when it's raining, hot, or at night.