This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Paul is sitting down with President of Catalyst Mortgage Brandon Haefele to talk about the booming housing market in Sacramento.
5 Tips for Improving the Odds of Buying a House in the Red-hot Sacramento Market
- Be an informed consumer. Do your research and learn about the home buying and loan process.
- Interview 2 to 3 real estate agents and 2 to 3 lender before you start house shopping. Make sure you are comfortable with the real estate agent and the lender.
- Get pre-approved for the mortgage. Disclose everything about your finances and what loan type you want.
- Write down questions, and make sure you get them answered.
- Write a personal letter to the seller about why they should accept your offer. You can even include photos.