This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
But as Kaiser Permanente dietician Beth Goodridge notes, there are healthy and tasty alternatives to some holiday favorites:
- Use plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a creamy dressing or vegetable dip.
- A broth-based soup can be a low-calorie side.
- Serve salads with an oil and vinegar dressing.
- Bake cookies with applesauce to cut the butter.
- Try mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes.
- Sip sparkling water with fruit.