With the housing market exploding, adult children are trying to sell their parents’ and grandparents’ homes to cash in on some profits in a trend known as “rightsizing.”
Sharon Catalan of Caring Transitions spoke to Richard about the process of relocating seniors during a stressful time.
Move Grandma Now checklist
- Don’t make seniors feel guilty.
- Save Photo Albums for LAST.
- Set a timer and take an hour-long break.
- Color-code with Post-It notes.
- Bring a door stopper.
- Consider online platforms for estate sales.
- Know best sellers versus items that don’t sell well.
- Keep a schedule.