Veterinarian Dr. Jyl Rubin joined Olivia to talk about how to keep your pets safe this summer for Fourth of July and pool activities.
Pool safety tips
- Rinse off or bathe your pet after swimming.
- Check your pet’s feet for cement burn and joints for overuse.
- Check your pet’s ears regularly.
- Use pet-friendly or -approved insect repellants and sunscreens.
Fourth of July safety tips
- Leave your pet at home when going to events that involve fireworks.
- Provide a safe spot from loud noises.
- Check with your veterinarian if your pet needs sedatives.
- Do not leave food scraps and alcoholic beverages in reach.
- Forgo the glow Sticks and jewelry.
- Have your pet properly identified.
- Beware of lighter fluid, matches, sparks, flames and other flammable items, especially fireworks.