1 Dead, 7 Ill after Carbon Monoxide Exposure in Bakersfield

California Connection
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BAKERSFIELD (AP) — Authorities say a man died and seven other people were hospitalized after they were exposed to carbon monoxide at a Bakersfield home.

Kern County officials say crews were initially sent to the house on Saturday following reports of a fire.

Firefighters found no flames but they did find what they determined was a medical emergency, with multiple people suffering from carbon monoxide exposure.

KBAK-TV reports one man was pronounced dead. Seven others were hospitalized in unknown condition.

The incident is under investigation.


Don't miss

More Featured

Latest News

More News