2 arrested, identified in deadly Orinda Halloween party shooting

California Connection
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Federal agents arrested two people Thursday during raids conducted as part of a multi-agency investigation into a shooting at a San Francisco Bay Area Halloween party that killed five people.

Officials identified the men as 29-year-old Domico Michael Dones and 29-year-old Frederick Johnson and said they were both charged in connection with the shooting. Both men are not part of the five suspects arrested last week.

Dones and Johnson were also charged with felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition.

They are currently being held at the Martinez Detention Facility.

Last week, five men were arrested then released from custody after Contra Costa county prosecutors said they didn’t have enough evidence to file charges against them.

The ATF said its database has linked a gun used in the shooting in Orinda to other shootings in the Bay Area. The agency is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to arrests or convictions in the case.

Rival gang members and people armed with guns were among the estimated 100 people at the unsanctioned party at an Airbnb rental home, authorities said. Investigators said they believe an altercation that started in the kitchen led to gunfire and that there were multiple shooters.

The shooting killed Tiyon Farley, 22, of Antioch; Omar Taylor, 24, of Pittsburg; Raymon Hill Jr., 23, of San Francisco and Oakland; Javlin County, 29, of Sausalito and Richmond; and Oshiana Tompkins, 19, of Vallejo and Hercules.

The shooting prompted Airbnb to announce a crackdown on unauthorized parties at Airbnb rentals.

Trending

Don't miss

More Featured

Latest News

More News