Crews not only found a house fire Tuesday afternoon along Rose Parade Drive in Sacramento; they found a pot grow.
Investigators say the fire started in a garbage can between two homes. One was occupied and the other was vacant. No one was hurt.
“Some of the signs right now are leading to possibly some acid discarded into a garbage can next to the house,” Metro Fire Assistant Fire Chief Darren Taylor told FOX40.
As the fire spread, firefighters opened the garage to the home next door and found buckets of marijuana hidden under heat lamps.
“You don’t buy a home to be surrounded by people smoking and growing pot,” Jaime Amador said. Amador bought a home in the neighborhood 10 years ago, and says she’s frustrated that a nearby pot grow lowers the value of her house.
Neighbors say they never saw anyone at the home with the pot grow.
Metro Fire says the combined damage to the two homes is about $50,000.
Ian McDonald contributed to this report.