TUOLUMNE COUNTY, Calif, (KTXL) — A wildfire that began burning in Tuolumne County has prompted evacuations.
The Moc Fire began Thursday afternoon near Highway 49 and Highway 120, near the community of Moccasin. By Saturday morning, Cal Fire said the fire had spread 2,800 acres.
It is currently at 10% containment and about 1,500 residences are threatened, according to the Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office.
Power has been shut off from Moccasin through Big Oak Flat to Merrell Road in Groveland, the sheriff’s office wrote.
Evacuees can leave through Yosemite National Park or westbound Highway 120, the sheriff’s office said.
A list of evacuation orders and warnings can be seen below:
- Community of Moccasin
- Marshes Flat and Moccasin Ranch Estates.
- Highway 120 at Moccasin through Big Oak Flat to Merrell Road in Groveland, including Priest Coulterville Road
- Jackass Creek Road, Jackass Creek Ridge and Jackass Ridge Access
- Highway 120 to Boneyard, Second Garrotte and Incense Cedar Trail
- Everything west of Second Garrotte, Cherokee Trail and Yosemite Springs
- Highway 120 to Big Creek Shaft Road
- Highway 120 to Smith Station Road
- Big Oak Flat and Groveland areas, including Pine Mountain Lake
- Greeley Hill Road (J132) from Priest Coulterville Road to Wagner Ridge, including all roads north to the Tuolumne County Line
- Wagner Ridge Road and all side roads
- Dexter Road and all side roads
- Fiske Road and all side roads
- Cuneo Road and all side roads
- Priest Coulterville Road and all side roads
- Ponderosa Way and all side roads
Evacuation Warnings/Fire Advisement Areas
- Highway 49 north from the Mariposa/Tuolumne County Line to Mary Harrison Mine Road and all side roads
- Coulterville from 4700 block of J132 to Priest Coulterville Road
- Greeley Hill, all roads south on Greeley Hill Road (J132) from Priest Coulterville to Smith Station
- Highway 120 – Vehicles are permitted on Highway 120 in Mono County
- Priest-Coulterville and the Greeley Hill Road intersection
- Wards Ferry Road in Big Oak Flat and on the Sonora side
- Northbound Highway 49 from Penon Blanco to Highway 120
- All north intersecting roads on Greeley Hill Road (J132)/Smith Station from Priest Coulterville to the Mariposa/Tuolumne County Line
- Motherlode Fairgrounds @ 220 Southgate Road, Sonora (pets and livestock allowed)
- Mariposa County Fairgrounds @ 5007 Fairgrounds Road, Mariposa
- Small Animal Evacuation – Small Animals can be taken to the Mariposa SPCA located @ 5599 CA-49, Mariposa, CA 95338