Eldorado National Forest, Calif. (KTXL) — A man hiking near Lake Loon suffered a heat-related emergency Saturday, El Dorado County Fire Protection District said.
Fire officials said the man was hiking with others on trails south of the lake when he required rescuing.
More coverage on the heat wave:
- Flex Alerts: This is what you should and shouldn’t do to help conserve energy
- These are the shelters and places where the unhoused population can stay in the Sacramento area
- Sacramento-area cooling centers open during the heat wave
- How to spot the symptoms of heat-related illness
- Is it OK to break a car window to help a trapped child?
According to the district, several ground crews responded and “CHP H-24 and Careflight provided eyes in the sky.”
Fire officials said Careflight located the party and loaded the patient into the air ambulance after which he was taken to a hospital for treatment.