This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


One man died in a Monday morning motor home fire in Carmichael, the Metro Fire Department said.

A call came in at approximately 7:45 a.m. about an RV being on fire on the 4000 block of Leos Lane. According to a Metro Fire spokesperson, crews have responded to the motor home several times in the past for medical calls for the 62-year-old man who lived there. When emergency crews arrived to the scene, the man living in the home was dead.

Officials said the fire did not spread, but that the cause of the fire is electrical and they’re not ruling out a space heater.