SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — The Sacramento Kings will begin another season by hosting two games during the first week of the 2023-24 NBA season.
After opening the season on the road on Oct. 25, the Kings first home game of the season will be Oct. 27 against the Golden State Warriors and will host the Los Angeles Lakers on Oct. 29.
The Kings are looking to become among the best teams in the Western Conference after breaking a 17-year playoff drought.
As fans are excited to watch the Kings return to the hardwood, there are certain items they can’t bring with them to any event at the Golden 1 Center.
Here are prohibited items inside the Golden 1 Center for fans, according to the venue’s website:
- Bottles or cans
- Bags larger than 8”x6”x1”
- Food coolers
- Outside food/beverages (baby food permitted)
- Pamphlets, product samples
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets, chairs
- Laptop computers
- 2-way radios
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Cameras: no flash/professional photography, tripods or monopods, go pros, or selfie sticks
- Signs/flags/banners/posters that are larger than 11” x 17” or attached to a pole/stick
- Outside alcohol, flasks, coolers, drugs, and illegal substances
- Weapons, pepper spray/mace, flares, fireworks
- Frisbees and beach balls
- Laser pointers
- Any noise-making devices (air horns, whistles, drums, plastic horns) excluding cow bells for Kings games only
- Audio/video recording devices
- Weapons and dangerous devices of any kind
- Any other items deemed unacceptable by arena management
Bags larger than 8”x 6”x1” are not allowed inside the venue, according to the Golden 1 Center’s frequently asked questions section on its website.
Bags that are deemed acceptable and those used for medical purposes will be searched by arena staff prior to entering the venue.
Policy camera/Video equipment
According to the venue’s FAQ section, NBA policy prohibits the use of still photography or video for commercial purposes “without the express written consent” of the league.
Cameras containing detachable lenses and selfie sticks are not allowed inside the Golden 1 Center and video cameras and taking of videos with other devices are prohibited at the venue. Tripods and other equipment are not allowed, as those could potentially be a tripping hazard, the venue said.
“We reserve the right to disallow cameras that, in the opinion of management, will be used to produce professionally-marketed images,” the venue’s FAQs said.