SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — The Sacramento Regional Transit District will be temporarily suspending all light rail and bus service into and out of downtown Sacramento beginning at 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
According to a statement released at 1:07 p.m. Sunday, SacRT said “Service will be suspended due to large crowds and heavy traffic congestion expected in the downtown area today.”
Below is a list of the temporary SacRT service modifications which are effective until end of service Sunday, which is approximately midnight:
Blue Line (North):
- Light rail service only between Globe Station and Watt/I-80 Station
Blue Line (South):
- Light rail service only between City College Station and Cosumnes River College Station
- Light rail service only between 29th Street Station and Historic Folsom Station
- Route 30 will end at 29th Street
- Route 38 will end at 29th Street
- Route 62 will end at Freeport and Riverside
- Route 86 will turn at Garden Highway
- Route 88 will turn at Garden Highway
- Route 11 will end at El Camino/Truxel
- Route 51 will end at Broadway and Alhambra
Yolobus also suspended bus service into downtown Sacramento until the end of the service Sunday.
- Route 42A
- Route 42B
- Route 40
- Route 240
Yolobus officials are asking all impacted riders to board available Yolobus routes at the Transit Center located at Merkley Avenue and West Capitol Avenue.
Yolobus routes will not be serving bus stops east of the Merkley Transit Center in West Sacramento, according to officials.
Officials said Yolobus service is anticipated to resume Monday.