Three Killed in Stockton, Investigation at Standstill Weeks Later

Local News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Data pix.
STOCKTON-

A memorial for three homicide victims is growing in Stockton, while the community continues to deal with the three lives lost to gun violence.

The enormity of three lives lost is felt in the Stockton community, as pictures, food and other keepsakes are continually added to this memorial off March and West Lane. “It’s still a very active investigation. We have our homicide detectives still trying to follow up on leads,” Officer Joe Silva told FOX40 Monday.

Joshua Aquino, Dallas Bidwell, and Carlitha Villalobos died on October 12th when an unknown gunman shot and killed the three. Villalobos’s family said the young mother was homeless with her boyfriend Charles Richardson, the only survivor in the attack. “We are praying for him too, because my niece needs one of her parents; at least one of them,” Chavella Montantes said earlier in the month.

Investigators said they haven’t received many tips so far. “Sometimes people don’t want to come forward with information and fear retaliation so that’s why we’re having people call Crimestoppers,” Officer Silva explained. The only description they have of a potential suspect is rough, at best. “The suspect description is very vague in this case, but we do know someone out there has that important information.”

While the case remains open, mementos are added, and crime weighs heavily on those who are still wondering why. “We still need people who have information on why they were out,” Officer Silva said, “So that they can make an arrest in this case so we can start bringing closure to these victims families.”

If you have any information on this case, you can leave an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers at (209) 946-0600.

Don't miss

More Featured

Latest News

More News