Mother, Baby Die From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Snow Blocks Car Tailpipe

National and World News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

PASSAIC, N.J. — A mother and an one-year-old child died from carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday after officials say the tailpipe of their car became covered in snow.

Police say the 23-year-old mother and her two children had taken shelter from the cold inside the family's car on Sherman Avenue while the father worked to shovel out the snow.

The mother and her son, 1, were transferred to St. Mary's Hospital, where they were pronounced dead.

A 3-year-old girl is in grave condition and has been transferred to St. Joseph's Medical Center in Paterson.

Trending

Don't miss

More Featured

Latest News

More News