According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Waterford teacher brings joys of chalk art to his students
- ‘It’s scary’: Natomas Unified School Board candidate’s campaign signs vandalized with racial slurs
- Cal Fire, American Red Cross still dealing with summer aftermath while wildfire season hits fall
- Elk Grove Unified announces plan to resume in-person learning by mid-November
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’