Utility: Rodents in power switch caused Vegas resort outage

National and World News

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Authorities say a power outage that promoted evacuation of hundreds of casino patrons and prevented guests from checking in at a Las Vegas Strip resort was caused by rodents at an off-site utility switching center.

Clark County fire officials said power went out at the Paris Las Vegas just after 7 p.m. Thursday and was restored a little before 10 p.m.

Utility provider NV Energy says the problem was traced to a high-voltage transfer switch near the property. People were rescued from several elevators, but no injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trademark and Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Don't miss

More Featured

Latest News

More News