Smoking Light Fixture Prompts Firefighter Response at Arden Fair

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SACRAMENTO-

It’s a place known for sizzling sales, but what was on fire at Sacramento’s Arden Fair mall Thursday night was high above the clothing racks.

Sacramento Fire Captain Mike Mora says that a light ballast blew in a fixture over center court, shooting out flames.

That caused a smoky haze to fill the air between BJ’s Brewhouse and Seasons 52.

There were no evacuations, no one was injured and the fire had stopped by the time crews arrived at the mall.

They stayed on scene until power to the fixture was disconnected.

Mall engineering teams plan to make repairs.

More Your Local Election Headquarters

Don't miss

More Featured

Latest News

More News