Sacramento bicyclists have a new reason to peddle on down to Davis, now that they have the chance to get a free train ticket back.
The program, “Back-to-Sac,” encourages riders to bike across the Causeway to Davis, and visit local businesses.
The Yolo County Visitors Bureau held a launch party for the program in Davis on Saturday.
When bikers from Sacramento come to Davis on or with their bikes, they can pick up a voucher for a free train ticket back to Sacramento at participating businesses. The voucher is good for any train leaving after 7 p.m. on weekdays, and noon on weekends.
You can bring your voucher to the Amtrack station and exchange it for your ticket.
The program is now happening daily until December 15th, with blackout dates between November 22nd and 28th.
Below is a list of businesses in Davis that are participating in the promotion, as well as train times:
* Ken’s Bike-Ski-Board ~ 650 G Street; (530) 758-3223 ~ Website
* Monticello Seasonal Cuisine ~ 630 G Street; (530) 792-8066 ~ Website
* Haute Again Consignment ~ 129 E Street; (530) 341-21722 ~ Website
* Sudwerk Dock Store ~ 2001 Second Street; (530) 756-2739 ~ Website
* Armadillo Music ~ 207 F Street; (530) 758-8058 ~ Website
* Sudwerk Restaurant & Brewery ~ 2001 2nd Street; (530) 758-8700 ~ Website
* Avid Reader ~ 617 2nd Street; (530) 758-4040 ~ Website
* Fleet Feet Sports ~ 615 2nd Street; (530) 758-6453 ~ Website
* Original Steve’s Pizza, Pasta, Sandwiches ~ 314 F Street; (530) 758-2800 ~ Website
* Pence Art Gallery ~ 212 D Street; call (530) 758-3370 ~ Website
* Dancing Tomato Cafe ~ 1121 Richards Blvd; (530) 758-7200 ~ Website
* Dos Coyotes ~ 1411 W. Covell Blvd; (530) 753-0922 ~ 2191 Cowell Blvd; (530) 758-1400 ~ Website
* Mishka’s Cafe ~ 610 2nd Street; (530) 759-0811 ~ Website
* Root of Happiness Kava Bar ~ 211 F Street; (916) 468-8189 ~ Website
* Watermelon Music ~ 207 E Street; (530) 758-4010 ~ Website
Bak2Sac Capitol Corridor trains (travel time is about 15 minutes). For full routes and schedules, see www.capitolcorridor.org.
Eastbound Weekdays ~ Departing Davis
Train 542 ~ depart 7:07pm
Train 544 ~ depart 8:27pm
Train 546 ~ depart 9:52pm
Train 548 ~ depart 11:37pm
Eastbound Weekends ~ Departing Davis
Train 728 ~ depart 12:47pm
Train 732 ~ depart 1:57pm
Train 734 ~ depart 3:27pm
Train 736 ~ depart 4:57pm
Train 738 ~ depart 6:17pm
Train 742 ~ depart 7:52pm
Train 744 ~ depart 8:42pm
Train 746 ~ depart 9:27pm
Train 748 ~ depart 11:47pm