November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month and National Caregiver Month.
Is it just forgetfulness or is it Alzheimer’s? Memory loss that disrupts daily life may be a sign of Alzheimer’s or another dementia. Below are ten warning signs and symptoms, people may experience one or more of these signs in different degrees.
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality