SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) – The San Francisco 49ers are responding after a fan sent racist and hateful messages to Arizona Cardinals’ Budda Baker after their Week 1 match up.
Baker took to social media Monday afternoon, showing a screenshot of the explicit messages sent to him.
Baker said he was fine with fans trash talking, but the hateful language was too much.
“Im all good with opposing fans talking trash. But This right here man… All you can do is pray for ppl like this,” said Baker.
The 49ers issued a statement on Tuesday addressing the racist messages.
“There is no place for hate and we got your back @buddabaker32,” said San Francisco.
The organization went on to add per the team’s policy, the 49ers are working to identify the person and will ban them from all 49ers games and events.
The 49ers added, “Incidents like this demonstrate how much work remains to be done to address racism and hate in our society. We remain steadfast in our commitment to that work.”
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- CBP officer allegedly smuggles housekeeper/nanny through Texas border crossing
- Full Snow Moon is this weekend, and you can see 3 planets at sunrise
- California expects 1.1 million J&J vaccines in next 3 weeks
- Top US diplomat ‘visits’ Mexico, Canada on virtual trip