Good Planet’s Extra Cheesy Mac ‘n Cheese
● 10 ounces elbow pasta
● ¼ cup, dairy-free butter
● ¼ teaspoons salt
● 4 cups, dairy-free milk
● ¼ cup cornstarch
● 4 cups good planet shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 375°f grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
3. Melt ¼ cup dairy-free butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir salt into melted butter and remove saucepan from heat.
4. Whisk dairy-free milk and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth; stir into dairy-free butter mixture until well blended. Return saucepan to stove; cook milk mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
5. Stir 3 cups of good planet cheddar cheese into sauce until heat from sauce melts cheese. Add pasta to cheese sauce and stir well; pour into the prepared baking dish.
6. Combine remaining 1 cup good planet cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon dairy-free butter, and mustard powder in a bowl; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is crunchy, about 30 minutes.
Learn more about Joe at: