It’s National Cheese Day! What better way to celebrate than with the cheesiest mac ‘n cheese?!
Find ParmCrisps near them at Safeway, Target, Walmart or Order us online on Amazon!
Learn more about ParmCrisps on our website at ParmCrisps.com.
Follow ParmCrisps on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @ParmCrisps
Cheesiest Mac ‘N Cheese
- 10 ounces elbow pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Original ParmCrisps, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir salt and mustard powder into melted butter and remove saucepan from heat.
- Whisk milk and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth; stir into butter mixture until well blended. Return saucepan to stove; cook milk mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir 3 cups Cheddar cheese into sauce until heat from sauce melts cheese. Add pasta to cheese sauce and stir well; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese, ParmCrisps, 1 teaspoon butter, and mustard powder in a bowl; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is crunchy, about 30 minutes.